View Single Post
Doomraven0

Member Since Apr 2019
4 hugs
given
Default Apr 04, 2019 at 07:04 AM

Dear forums,
I have been married to my wife for 6 months and we have been in a relationship for nearly 2 years. She was very passionate physically for the first three months and we seemed very compatible sexually and from a general physical affection standpoint (plenty of hugs, kissing, holding hands, etc.). Then the drought started. We are lucky to have sex once every two months since that point. She declines ANY advances i make. She looks at me like i am a pervert any time i try to touch her intimate parts and pulls away. Any time i even try to hold her for a passionate kiss she pulls away quickly. It's not just the lack of sex that is bothering me-it's the lack of anything resembling the physical romance we have had before. Not even the occasional brief makeout session. I have expressed to her very clearly verbally and even in writing what my desires are sexually and physically including details like preferred frequency. I frequently give her physical affection with no attempts at sexual contact (I don't want her to feel like an object). I do my darnedest to tell her often that she is beautiful, that i appreciate her for all her hard work with the kids, chores, and all that. Within our work/school/parenting/financial limitations, i try to do romantic things for her like flowers, poems, notes, and date nights. In the few conversations that i have tried talking to her about how unhappy i am with this aspect of our relationship and now our marriage, she tells me that she is attracted to me and finds me sexually attractive. She thinks there is nothing wrong with our sexual relationship but yet gets flustered and quiet anytime i bring up sex or our lack of romantic physical interaction. I even suggested we see a sex therapist and she quickly refused, saying she doesnt feel comfortable discussing our lack of sex life with a stranger and retiterates that we are fine on that front. On the very rare occasions we do have sex, it almost seems like a lark and it is always initiated by her now. No real romance involved, she just suddenly asks me to have sex. I don't think it is a satisfaction issue. When we do have sex, she typically has multiple orgasms (due to medications and anxiety, i often do not climax, but i have explained that does not matter to me). At this point, i really am at wit's end. I have tried to explore the topic as candidly as i can with as much sensitivity to her needs as i can. We are only in our 30s. While i do admittedly have a large sexual appetite (that began when i met her) and would love to have sex multiple times a week with her, i can tolerate much less. My wife is so incredibly beautiful and sexy to me. I love being married to her and every other part of our relationship is great. But i can't pretend that this isn't hurting me a lot. I feel so unwanted and unattractive, not mention the feeling of constant sexual frustration is very draining. I really just don't know what to do anymore.
Any advice at all?

Thanks,
Frustrated but very much in love
Doomraven0 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous44076, Bill3, LadyShadow