View Single Post
Rose76
Legendary

Member Since Mar 2011
5,344 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 05, 2019 at 02:56 AM

I visited some facilities today. The VA gave me a list. Some I'ld even worked in. Some I knew not to even consider. I picked out a small one that was very clean. The admissions coordinator there said they would have a bed Monday. I looked at the Medicare website that rates nursing homes. This one I liked was rated above average. I found an alternative facility that also had beds opening up next week. I let the VA social worker know my choices. I may hear tomorrow that we have a place reserved. He might get admitted to one or the other early next week. The VA will pay. It will be a two week stay. Now I'm so glad I started this process. I just have to manage a few more days, and then I won't be on this 24 hour a day treadmill.

During the two weeks, I can gain some perspective. His care needs have gotten much heavier. I may need to stop being his around the clock, 7 days a week, source of everything. Besides the strain on me physically, I keep feeling demoralized. He's never been good at giving credit or voicing appreciation. He takes me utterly for granted.
Rose76 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Crypts_Of_The_Mind, MickeyCheeky, Mopey, saidso, unaluna

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky, Mopey