View Single Post
luvyrself
Poohbah

Member Since Dec 2015
136 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 05, 2019 at 08:31 AM

Rose, I really feel its time to reclaim at least parts of your life. You cant avoid your meds and you know you are depressed.. I know how hard. It is. My partner isn’t terminal or constantly hospitalized but he has life threatening illnesses and has throughout his life chosen to ignore them and it all falls on me. It sucks the life out of me and I neglect my own issues. He just does not get or chooses not to understand what it does to me tho I keep trying to explain that. I think you and I have serious issues with co-dependency, letting our instincts to take care of others push out taking care of ourselves. This phenomena is not confined to women, but traditionallly we have had the nurturing caretaking role and many women have lost themselves in nurturing others. When it is obvious that we are not taking care of ourselves, we have to break out of the rut. Kudos for getting the home aide. I urge you to go forward on your list of steps that can be taken to gradually or wholly reclaim your life. We’re with you, lady, as are the millions of caregivers across the country. I read that there is legislation in Congress to do a lot more for caregivers since this is such a common situation. Try to get out of the house when the home aide comes. You could sleep when he does. Oversleeping is often from depression as You know.

wellbutrin 75 mg, cut in half or higher dose as needed
Regular aerobic exercise
SKILLSET/KNOWLEDGE BASE:
Family Medical Advocate
Masters in Library Science
Multiple Subject Teaching Credential-15 yrs in public schools
luvyrself is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky, Mopey

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky, Mopey, Rose76, unaluna