Revu2
Grand Member

Member Since Aug 2013
4 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 05, 2019 at 10:35 AM

Hi Warmup,

Heard an interview with a prolific writer and one of the points he made—which paradoxically makes full sense—book in or plan for your distractions/procrastination, etc. A local playwright, given an overnight playwriting assignment, said she had to cram 4 weeks of procrastination into a few hours.

It's that back of the mind sorting out time. I'm using this post to distract myself from writing a contract/scope of work for my latest client. Yay! I think. I'll know after he sees my fees and if we can find a comfortable agreement.

I've gotten to thinking about billable hours again. I awoke knowing I needed to see the next 9 or 10 weeks at a continuous ribbon. This way I can protect critical days for other clients and count off days needed to process each step, etc. I began imagining the easiest way that could be done, while still barely awake.

I got up, stretched, thought about it some more. Still, nothing written or on any computer. Then I remembered I have set up an excel sheet that lists calendar dates in rows. This was the breakthrough. Took maybe 30 minutes to get it configured right with dates as column headers & another 10 or so to print out. So, if I were billing for this, would it be for 40 minutes or for 1 hr 40 min to account for the mental processing time? I barely thought of little else while mentally working out what to do.

Anyway, I'm pitching this project on a package-fee basis.

To the contract draft,
Revu2

Revu2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote