View Single Post
Anonymous48672

Default Apr 05, 2019 at 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartache11 View Post
I know. I also wonder that. I think I out too much power in her when I made her my whole live and quit hanging with friends and going out and now I just so alone. She said she would work on things too and that she doesn't want to lose me and that she loves me too. I think were just both really hurt and needed a break but are both afraid of the break being permanent so were trying even with our issues.

I really need to know what can help me right now as I dont know what to do. Neither of us do, we both want to be together but were hurt really bad

I've been in your shoes. I dated a man who prioritized his social circle and family members over mine. He went out of state to visit his family, yet refused to invite me even when I asked if I could join him, then he called me every night on my cellphone to complain about his family to me. He also would socialize with his friends but wouldn't invite me to join him, and always rejected my invites to join me with my friends. We broke up b/c I caught him cheating on me via his text messages. He didn't even apologize and tried to deflect by blaming me for snooping, so that any accountability of cheating on his part, wasn't the focus.

You're going to do what you want to do. But, if you'd like advice, mine is to cut and run. Reconnect with your friends, rebuild your social network, focus on your job, get a plant, get a pet, go visit your family but don't spend another moment making this woman the center of your universe. You did that once, and she showed you through her actions that you were and always will be, just a convenient option to her. She doesn't respect you and you both seem to have very weak interpersonal boundaries with each other.

If you want to work on your relationship, keep her as an option while you do everything I mentioned in the previous paragraph. Don't let her move back in with you. See her once a week or twice a month, but do not bombard her with social media communication or text messaging. You need to emotionally and physically distance yourself from this woman and get your center of balance back in your life without her.

Maybe explore codependence. It sounds like maybe you have some of those traits.

Delusions of the Codependent
Delusions of the Codependent

Symptoms of the Codependent
Symptoms of Codependency
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Heartache11, MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky