View Single Post
Rose76
Legendary

Member Since Mar 2011
5,344 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 06, 2019 at 04:56 AM

My bf will be admitted. What a load off my mind and shoulders. Everyone at this big hospital has been so nice and eager to help us. I thought I'ld have to fight, threaten or plead. None of that was needed. They seem to pretty much see the situation as I see it. It's amazing how reasonable people can be, if you bring a problem to them in a way that makes them responsible to help solve it.

What through me off was that one cancer doctor and the nurses who come to the home encouraging me to just do what I thought best and seeming to have great faith that I could singlehandedly care for this man's maladies, which were worsening. I was allowing some healthcare professionals to get away with not having to take much responsibility, so they didn't. The healthcare system will happily ignore deterioration in an elderly person. You have to toss that problem right into their lap and say, "Don't you think something is really wrong here, and what do you think should be done about it?" Then let them figure it out. Amazingly, they may do exactly that.

Days of being alone with my bf's deteriorating condition were getting me into an awful state of mind. The posts that I read Friday were very uplifting and, I think, helped me to believe that there were alternatives to how I was approaching things. I just had to let go of what was getting me nowhere and expect to discover a better option.
Rose76 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
3rd rock, Calla lily12, Crypts_Of_The_Mind, MickeyCheeky, Mopey, unaluna

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky, Mopey, unaluna