Legendary

Member Since Mar 2011
5,341 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 07, 2019 at 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calla lily12 View Post
Rose, I can't imagine what you're feeling. The anticipatory grieving is wearing you out. It's obvious you aren't taking care of yourself but that's hard when you're running on empty.
Can you look into hospice care for him? Maybe then you could focus on you . I wish I had more to offer.
I very much appreciate you mentioning anticipatory grieving. We all know that those we love will not live forever. By a certain age, most people have been through loss preceded by anticipatory grieving. It is part of life.

In the case of my guy, doctors started telling me a few years ago that his demise was around the corner. I don't fault them for giving him that prognosis. It certainly seemed justified. His family have visited multiple times, each time thinking they were seeing him for the last time. I've spent two Christmases with him, where each time I thought that was our last Christmas together. Last Spring I tended the garden he started, wanting him to fully enjoy the last time he would see his flowers bloom. Now Spring comes again, and the plants want tending. But I haven't had time for them.

How many times do I have to put my heart into another "last time" only to have to do it again? How long does the Grim Reaper get to show up at the door, only to hang around and hang around, and his shadow never leaves? He threatens, but then holds back. Not so my guy can recover, because my bf doesn't recover. He just lives on with worse and worse afflictions and debilities. Not so I can mourn and pass through the mourning, because the ordeal isn't over. We're both trapped in this waiting place. He's a positive thinker. But I forget how many hospital admissions ago it was when he said, "I keep coming to the hospital, but I don't think I'm going to get better." What stunned me was I had known that for many months, and he was just realizing it.
Rose76 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
3rd rock, Calla lily12, Crypts_Of_The_Mind, MickeyCheeky, scapegoat0001

Thanks for this!
Calla lily12, MickeyCheeky