View Single Post
Anne2.0
Grand Magnate

Member Since Aug 2012
129 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 07, 2019 at 05:32 AM

It strikes me that when one posts about a therapy situation that didn't turn out so well, and you've posted about other ones with this therapist, being distressed that he's not giving you what you want in therapy, I at least think you are open to hearing how you might be able to do things differently to perhaps make therapy work for you. Perhaps when you post you could let others know what you want, such as "I don't want to hear how I could do this differently" or "I only want validation that it's painful to not be heard by your therapist" or "I only want to hear that my therapist is doing it wrong with me". I think it would help me, not because I would be interested in saying such things, but because I don't want to frustrate you by being unhelpful. I think you should seriously consider how you engage your therapist with difficult things because it doesn't seem like your current approach is working, and you could stay stuck if that's what works for you, or you could be more open and let him into your heart and mind. Maybe that would work better.
Anne2.0 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
susannahsays