View Single Post
Anonymous44076

Default Apr 07, 2019 at 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardlady View Post
LOL, my first reaction when I say the thread title was "Let's not!" I hate the dam things.

I rarely wear one when I'm home, only if someone is coming to do work around the place. I get self conscious without one if a worker is here. Might be part of my survivor history that I'm afraid a male worker in the house will get the wrong message if I'm not wearing one.

I mostly wear racer back sports bras. One of my shoulders is lower that the other. If I wear the regular straight over the shoulder straps that one falls off my shoulder no matter how much I adjust the strap. Another advantage to the sports bras is that I can take my top off if I'm working outside and get hot.

If I'm wearing a top that a sports bra would not be right (i.e. would show) I wear an underwire. Call me crazy, I like the fit better than non-underwire.

A couple of personal gripes about bras... what moron (has to be a male!) came up with the idea of having a seam go across the nipple?!?! I absolutely refuse to wear those. Would also like to know who decided we small breasted women have to have augmentation? I wear a 34B. I have no need for padding in my bra! I'm fine with what I have. I don't need to make them look bigger! It is dam near impossible to find bras in my size that don't have padding!

Here here! Thank you Lizardlady! I also wear a 34B bra (when I'm not avoiding bras like the plague!) and I find it bizarre when women in my life have made comments either about my breasts (or theirs of same size) that we have "no boobs" are "flat-chested" or "look like a boy." Eh, of course we do have breasts, they are breasts, no better or worse than anyone else's. Who decided that anything less than a C cup is not actually a breast??? I don't get it. One of my friends is very thin and wears a very padded B cup because she says she needs to look like she "has something"...she's in her 60s by the way.

I tried padded bras when I was ~ 15. After a few months I thought to myself, "Why am I doing this? My breasts are my breasts." and that was the last time I ever wore a padded bra.

I honestly think part of this is cultural. The U.S. seems to be the least accepting culture of breasts that are not C cup or larger. I've lived in several countries. In other places, people honestly don't care. Though I also want to point out that I've never received anything but compliments on my breasts from men I have dated. It seems to be women doing a number on themselves. Though I realize there could be men making negative comments and I don't happen to date men like that.

Sidenote. I hate the following words: boobs, boobies, tits, and titties. (My mother says "diddies" sometimes and that's even worse hahaha)

Some of the funny words like "knockers" are good and make me smile but those four words I listed make me cringe. I can't really explain it! Haha. Maybe we need a thread for 'favorite words for breasts.' I once had a teacher with larger breasts who referred to her bra as her "over the shoulder boulder holder." I laughed so hard when she said that. It's marvelous!

Just my thoughts. If someone loves a padded bra or likes to say "tits" or "boobs" then fair play to them! Each to their own!
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
lizardlady, Nammu, Travelinglady