Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2014
1,277 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 07, 2019 at 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishfulThinker66 View Post
Alas, I do not get the series but I have heard that while it doesn't stay exactly true to the books it stands up well anyway. I am glad to hear that someone is a fan of Banks.

The Wallander TV series stands up fairly well to the books too.

I am generally afraid to see in film something I have adored in print. I worry that it will be brought down a level or two. Not to be insulting but I find this happens more often with Americanized television versions of books. They don't seem to give enough credit to the viewers' abilities to understand and figure out the plot on their own. Frustrating. The Brits however I have observed do a better job. This could be a whole thread topic on its own.
Wallander didn’t click for me, I’ve read couple of books and tried to watch a show, wasn’t working for me.

I agree that Brits do excellent job. So do French. I know this thread is about books not shows, but I highly recommend Spiral and Captain Marleu, French crime shows. Spiral is probably the best crime investigation show of all times, and whoever created Captain Marleu main character is a genius. Both feature female detectives

I don’t get any of these channels on TV but we stream through MHZ, Hulu, Netflix.
divine1966 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote