View Single Post
Anonymous44076

Default Apr 07, 2019 at 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomraven0 View Post
I know she has a lot of emotional pain in her past, as we have worked through a lot of it together. I am sure there might still be some there but she tells me all the time how happy she is being married to me and there isn't anything she would change. She hasn't lied to me in the past so it is weird she would now. I just wish she wanted me. It is nice to be wanted. To know that i turn her on. For way too long it has felt like we are just slightly romantic family. I miss making out and all that. We do love each other but i want more passion.
Completely understandable, Doomraven. I don't think your wife is being entirely honest with herself or with you. If her prior trauma is disrupting the marital relationship, it must be addressed one way or another. I live with PTSD and depression. It is not my partner's responsibility to manage those problems; it is my responsibility. I'm not a dependent child looking to parents for mental health guidance...therefore I need to take ownership of my problems to ensure that my prior history isn't hurting my partner's (or my) present relationship. I can ask for a hug or listening or even advice on occasion but prior to partnering with him, I had to participate in extensive therapy and now I continually self-monitor.

It never ceases to amaze me how many wives think it's okay to end their husbands' sex lives while expecting them to remain faithful. So, he can't have sex with his wife for the rest of his life and he can't have sex with another woman....so what is he supposed to do? If women want a sexless marriage, they need to mention that prior to the engagement so that their male partner can decide whether he's okay with that or not. Sex is a basic biological adult need. If someone does not view it that way (for any reason) he/she needs to date and partner with people who are equally asexual. To expect a sexual person to remain in a relationship with an asexual person (who accidentally never mentioned that prior to the wedding) is like marrying someone who wants children and then a year later saying: "Actually, I've never really wanted children. You're okay with that, right?"
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Doomraven0