View Single Post
jpb4815

Member Since Aug 2014
53 hugs
given
Default Apr 08, 2019 at 05:47 AM

So I am a software engineer and I started working at a terrible company about 6 months ago. 2 weekgs ago we had a deadline that while leading up to it I was "Coerced" or "Strongly advised not to stop until done". This lead to 6 hours of sleep in 5 days with the last 35 hours having no sleep. I quickly spiraled into a mixed episode and was hsopitalized after trying to commit suicide by overdose and driving into a telephone pole at over 100 mph.

Now I am out awaiting an intensive outpatient program that I desperately need and will most likely be remanded into if I opt not to go and my employer wants answers.
They have no short term disability, and my boss is "Very concerned that they were not made aware of any medical conditions I had during the hiring process"
I know if I tell them what happened I will get fired, I dont know what to do.
I emailed from the ER ad said I was using 5 CTO days to go into the hospital.
I know, eff that job get a better one. But I am severely in need of that income. my finances are a mess.

What should I do, I feel like they are responsible for this, but my Workmand comp attorney is iffy on the validity becuase its not my first attempt and subsequent inpatient stay.

Meds:
Clonazapam 1mg 2x daily
Lamictal 50mg
zyprexa 5mg
Prazosin 3mg for night terrors
Best of all I am off of the opiate replacements finally, no more methadone

Almost Famous:
William:
"Penny I need to get this interview and go home"
Penny Lane : "Poof! you are home."
jpb4815 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous46341, BeyondtheRainbow, BipolaRNurse, gina_re, Innerzone, MickeyCheeky, UpDownMiddleGround

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky