View Single Post
Velvet Lounger
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Jan 2019
182 hugs
given
Default Apr 08, 2019 at 02:16 PM

A few years ago I had a cover band which became successful when I composed songs and wrote lyrics which pleased my agent when I recorded albums which sold remarkably well in Spain, Majorca and across France and Italy.

The downside was the dark side of the music business got to me and I ended up a sorry mess in a London rehab drying out from addiction to alcohol and recreational drugs. Looking back, I was a mess. Once better, I returned to designing jewellery, and since been working in a highly reponsible job in a fantastically beautiful place and being in a very trustworthy position among those I work for.

My agent called this evening asking if I'd be interested in fronting my old band again, this August at a big venue in Europe. The money would be fabulous, but then it always was. But times have changed since and though I don't need the money, the lure of that amazing feeling playing in front of a crowd of 20,000 like in the old days would make my heart flutter.

My band was a 'tribute band', too. On the continent we were very popular and made a lot of money as tribute bands do. My Celtic Rock band was probably the only thing that actually pleased Mother. She was a fan of my music and adored my band, all seasoned musicians.

My quandary is, do I want to return for just one month? Supporting a well known DJ like we used to? I could use my annual leave and still have plenty of holiday left. Or, do I say no and thanking my agent, agree to sense and sensibility and walk away? True to form my music talented daughter says go for it as do our closer friends. But I have this nagging doubt of what I went through could have killed me, and I wouldn't want to be touring like in the old days.

Thoughts anyone? Sorry, but for reasons of privacy I can't say what my band was called.

You hold me still,
I always did,
I always will,
Love you, love you, love you.
Velvet Lounger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
guilloche

Thanks for this!
mote.of.soul