View Single Post
Heart in a box

Member Since Apr 2019
Default Apr 09, 2019 at 02:44 AM

I have extreme trouble waking. I set alarms to go off at 8:00, 8:07, 8:14, 8:21, and 8:28. Each has a 5 minute snooze and different song/tone. So, by 8:30 a different alarm is going off every minute. I have tried putting them across the room, but still I'll get up every minute to snooze the alarm and return to bed. I have done this for over 3 hours, but usually I win the mental battle within an hour. I've tried every gimmick alarm clock without improvement. I enter REM sleep between each alarm and dream. These are the only dreams I have, or at least am aware of after waking. It doesn't matter how much or little sleep I've had. It doesn't matter where I am sleeping, or my level of comfort. It's not about being tired. It's like my brain won't switch from the subconscious to the conscious. I literally have to will myself to wake up, which is like trying to will yourself sober. I can think, but it's like trying to see through a heavy fog; everything gets distorted and seems inconsequential. This has to be a disorder, right? I can't be the only one.
Heart in a box is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous44076