FriendlyJoe

Member Since Nov 2018
1 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 09, 2019 at 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCZero View Post
So I guess I'm not the only one with sleeping problems but I haven't had a good night's sleep in over a month. It doesn't matter if I sleep 12 hours or 8 or even more, it's always the same. I'm sleepy all day and when night comes I stay awake until 5 am, even though I take my meds at 10 pm. Are you guys taking something good that actually helps you sleep? Right now I'm taking Lamoctrigine 25mg twice a day, Clonazepam 0.5mg twice a day, Celexa 10mg once a day and Seroquel 100mg at night. I also take Benadryl 50mg for allergies. All of that and I still can't sleep.

I had the same issue, went to my general practitioner Dr. He referred me to do a sleep study. After a night with wearing all the gear, at my house. They called me in to show me my results. I stopped breathing 74 times in a 6hr night. I got put on a A-Pap to regulate my breathing so I'd get a good sleep when I do sleep. Since its monitored and I don't get a phone call why I'm not getting my 4hr min night sleep I just put it on when I'm laying down and it counts. It won't count if you just turn it when it's not on your face. It's helped me out tremendously and even if I only get my min 4 hrs I feel great compared to sleeping an 8hr night which I do on occasion.

Don't always think everything has to do with your mental health. Hope my shared experience might help you. Pych doctors are not general health doctors and if they give you sleeping medications it's going to cause you to have even worse affects and stop breathing even more. I highly recommend seeing a doctor and ask him/her if it could be related to sleep apnea.

Have a great day
FriendlyJoe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote