View Single Post
sophiebunny
Veteran Member

Member Since Jan 2019
77 hugs
given
Default Apr 09, 2019 at 04:01 PM

I understand what you are going through. I was hospitalized for a year for psychotic mania and psychotic PTSD. I was released to a partial hospital program where I languished for an additional 5 years. I lost everything while I was inpatient. I lost my child, my career, my friends, my self-respect, and my freedom. The most helpful part of my reentry into freedom was a reentry case manger. She retaught me everything about living as an independent person. No task was too ordinary, laundry, bills, driving, it was all covered. The hardest part of a year of inpatient is that while I was stuck in time and psychosis, the lives of people I once had friendships with moved on. I strongly urge you to get some reentry support. I don't know where you live or what services are available to you, but talk to your psychiatrist. MDs are the gate keepers to intense resources. You don't have to do this alone. There are ways to rekindle old relationships and form new ones. It just takes skills. Skills we lost being institutionalized for so long.
sophiebunny is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bizi, tecomsin