View Single Post
Anonymous46341

Default Apr 10, 2019 at 11:23 AM

I agree with others that your 3 complaints were quite menial, to my perspective. 2 & 3 are standard operating procedure for most of the therapists (mostly psychologists) I've had, and I've gone through about 9, so I know how hard it is to find a good fit. As for your reason #1, I have considered that a bit in my decisions to leave a therapist, but it was low on the least of reasons.

As said, I do understand how hard it is to find a good therapist fit. I had various reasons for having difficulty forging good relationships with therapists. I will say that if you again feel uncomfortable with the therapist you mentioned, or if she rejects the idea of working with you again, do look beyond Psychologist Today. Psychology Today is a great resource, but there are many other therapists (including Ph.D. psychologists) out there. Do you have insurance? If so, be sure to look at that list first. If not, I'd ask people in your area for recommendations. That could be your general practitioner (or any other doc) or friends. Also consider running general searches through other doc find websites.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote