Grand Poohbah

Member Since Sep 2013
2,626 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 10, 2019 at 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DP_2017 View Post
I've only seen him 2x. He is only a backup T. Not my regular T. He was very judgemental about it in session 1. It scared me and i shut down the topic. However when I emailed him and explained how he made me feel, he apologized and it was a very kind reply, so I figured I'd give him another shot today. He just basically told me to find ways to distract myself. I think he might just be unsure of how to support me without upsetting me because he doesn't know me well enough or we haven't talked about the issue much. I wont be able to see him again until June anyway when he is on my insurance so I wont be working on the grief issue with him any further. I personally, in your case, would maybe find a T who is ok with talking about it, I mean if I didn't have baby T (regular T) for the grief, I sure would not be keeping back up T has a regular T for grief, I'd have kept looking until I found a match I felt safe with

That being said, the thing is, I don't really think it matters to me much how they may say different things to the same issue. Kind of like on here. You can post a topic, get various types of replies and at the end of the day, it's your life, your choice, you decide what to do. I take therapy merely as suggestions. I think both have provided very different but helpful insights for me and I have no attachment to either so It helps.

T3 "back up T" that I saw today, will be GREAT for the issues I really need work on like the intimacy and social/relationship stuff and baby T (regular T) will be great for my grief. He has been so far.
You bring up a very important point with this thread,

I like what you said in bold, that is a great point. And lets face it - even our best therapists say things that we disagree on. I like when therapists say we can take what we agree with and leave the rest behind and they won't take offence. If you can manage differing opinions and manage it all on your own - all the power to you!

Are your therapists communicating with one another? Are they all aware that you are seeing more than one therapist? I wonder if it would be beneficial if they were able to consult with one another and help you in different ways - with a common understanding of your particular issues. Or do you prefer to have them all separate?

I forgot to mention, I have done an intensive day-treatment program that was 30 days, 5 days a week, where a therapist and psychiatrist were simultaneously assigned to my care. I would see the therapist 5 days a week and the psychiatrist 3 days a week. That was by far the most effective therapy I have ever had. The female therapist took on the role of maternal mother figure and the male psychiatrist took on the role of paternal father figure; both acting to re-parent me. In situations like these - I can absolutely seen the merit of having more than one therapist.

Thanks,
HD7970ghz

"don't put all your eggs - in one basket"
"promote pleasure - prevent pain"
"with change - comes loss"
HD7970GHZ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
DP_2017