Grand Poohbah

Member Since Sep 2013
2,626 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 10, 2019 at 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DP_2017 View Post
t3 knows about baby T. Baby T does not know about t3. I prefer to keep them separate. I don't like people discussing my issues without me and trying to come up with a plan. I like just being in the moment with someone, listening to their views on it and deciding how I feel after.

I can imagine intense therapy could be useful but it could also be draining. I think I'd hate it THAT much but who knows? I'm glad you found it helpful though

I understand the need to keep them separate. I am happy you are finding it helpful.

I would love to see research on the efficacy of multi-therapist treatment modalities versus single. Especially for trauma survivors who have immense trust issues.

Interestingly enough, recently I asked my therapist if there were any therapy modalities catered for survivors of abuse in therapy; according to her there is not. I was thinking about the ideal therapy modality for this particular trauma - and one idea that popped into my head was the use of multiple therapists who are (at the start of treatment) allowed to consult about the client / get to know the history. As treatment goes on they do not consult with one another; instead, the primary therapist treats the client, meanwhile any trust issues that may ensue with the primary therapist will be treated by the secondary therapists as a means of strengthening and gently challenging any trust / transference issues that may arise. (This would avoid any potential negative counter-transference issues in the clients relationship with the primary therapist, which so commonly can re-traumatize / re-victimize). It would also protect clients from potential harm and create a greater sense of safety.

Do you think this would work?

Thanks,
HD7970ghz

"don't put all your eggs - in one basket"
"promote pleasure - prevent pain"
"with change - comes loss"
HD7970GHZ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
LonesomeTonight