Grand Magnate

Member Since Sep 2018
10.9k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 10, 2019 at 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -jimi- View Post
Before I was diagnosed I had a spell of depression, and even if I had depression later on, for a while I was depression free. I didn't want depression but when that label was taken away from me I just felt so lost. I kind of realized it was because I felt different, but now everything said I was normal.

Then for a while they said I had bipolar, and I was kind of happy about it because it is life long. Then it would explain why I would feel different, and be different.

You could say I wanted to be bipolar, because I instinctively knew I was different, and that would explain it. I really JUST wanted an explanation.

When that diagnosis was taken away I was a bit frustrated but at the same time I, and finally the doctor, realized I had aspergers. I had my explanation. And it was even a correct diagnosis.

I think some people sense there is something different about them, so they listen in on what is talked about. They might not be on the spectrum at all, but they might have something else. Totally normal people are happy to be normal because there are a lots of perks coming with it. There is something going on with a person who is looking for a diagnosis. IMO.
Yes I can understand what you mean about feeling different and wanting an explanation as to why. When had neuropsychological evaluation I was able to find out why I felt different, visual spatial deficits.
zapatoes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky