View Single Post
cryingontheinside
Magnate

Member Since Jul 2014
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 11, 2019 at 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abonemia View Post
I've been depressed for almost 3 years now. The severity isn't constant and I do have a good day sometimes but most of the time I feel super unmotivated, energyless, no purpose, just tired. I wake up sad almost every morning and things that used to bring me joy barely work anymore. I'm hopeless and constantly worry too much.

I had a year of therapy when this started. It helped somewhat but after it stopped I noticed myself slipping back. It took a few months but I managed to get therapy again, with another therapist. But no matter what, I remain depressed. I've changed a few things in my life that I thought might have been the cause of the depression, but it only helped a little. I feel slightly better after the therapy sessions or after doing something 'fun' but on other days I just wake up and want to die. (I'm not currently suicidal)

What am I supposed to do? Medication seems more and more appealing but I'm hesitant to ask for it. I'm worried it won't help or that I'll become dependant.
Medication can help a little but don't expect miricles from it .
Im sorry you have been suffering so much for so long , i can totally relate to that .
I haven't had therapy yet , that's my next step . i hope things turn around for us both
cryingontheinside is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Fuzzybear