View Single Post
Jackinthebox

Member Since Apr 2019
Default Apr 11, 2019 at 04:10 PM

Bipolar question. Does this happen to anyone else or is it something besides bipolar?
For my personal experience, If I get into an argument or someone yells or personally attacks me, I escalate the situation in my head rapidly or grossly over react. A simple negative conversation can quickly turn into violence and/or threats of violence. I can stay angry at that person for days or weeks with the event continually replaying in my mind. When I finally get over it, I fall into depression mainly because I'm mad at myself for the way I acted.
Because of the way I over react, I tend to stay to myself avoiding friends, family and social situations.
I also have recurring thoughts of Murdering and torturing people. These thoughts used to be disturbing but has been going on for such a long time that they are more like fantasies now. Enjoyable and only somewhat disturbing.
These thoughts have been with me since about 12-14 yrs of age. I was hospitalized in 2007 while in a manic phase having delusions and hallucinations. Diagnosed with Bipolar 1

Hugs from:
Anonymous32451