Grand Poohbah

Member Since Sep 2013
2,626 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 11, 2019 at 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaindewed View Post
I have definitely seen this firsthand. The 2 people I know who want it both have really bad BPD. I think they are just jealous honestly. I also know personally that I get treated much better by healthcare professionals then these people do. I think they long to be treated fairly, and the same. I’ve had ASD my whole life. It annoys me because people assume I am learning disabled instead. I don’t like that.
I just wanted to note something here,

I would like to know more about these two individuals who have BPD and want to have ASD. How do you know this? Is this something they have said or?

If so, I would chalk this up to identity issues which is common with fragmented identity issues stemming from core traumas. This can happen with PTSD as well, doesn't have to be BPD. A lot of us with trauma weren't given the proper environment as children to form a personality - we had to become chameleons in order to please our parents because if we did not - we would be abused. This is partly why those with BPD can have an unstable identity that shifts with their environments.

Someone I know with BPD will conform to others around him without even realizing it, yet it is quite obvious from my perspective. Mannerisms, body language, movements, it is quite amazing. I believe this is why those with BPD can become such amazing actors / actresses - they can become someone else subconsciously.

This is not something to be shamed. It can be looked at from a place of empathy. Perhaps those with BPD truly self-identify with ASD in some way. I know for a fact that Age regression is particularly common in both BPD and ASD and that both can find comfort in things associated with childhood, such as teddy bears and blankies. A therapist asked if I had ever been diagnosed with ASD recently - this was the reason why.

Also keep in mind that BPD usually has co-morbid diagnosis. No one is ever the same and it IS possible that they do have ASD.

IF they don't have ASD, the question I would ask them is why do they want to be ASD. That would be really interesting to know.

Thanks,
HD7970ghz

"don't put all your eggs - in one basket"
"promote pleasure - prevent pain"
"with change - comes loss"
HD7970GHZ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky