View Single Post
Skeezyks
Disreputable Old Troll

Member Since Oct 2015
17.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Apr 12, 2019 at 06:41 PM

We also have a dog who is scared of thunder. We've also tried the Thundershirt idea & it didn't really help much in our case either. We have some medication we got from our veterinarian. But the problem is you have to give it to the dog a couple of hours or so before the storm. And consequently, for the most part, by the time we realize our pooch is going to need the medication, it's too late for it to do much good.

We will typically play music or have the TV on during thunderstorms. The other thing that occurs to me is to have some yummy treats you can give Precious during the storms. Over time she may even come to associate thunderstorms with yummy treats & start to look forward to them rather than to fear them. Beyond that, if there's someone you can visit with Precious who has a basement, perhaps you could take her down there & that might help. These are the sorts of things that occur to me. Good luck!

"I may be older but I am not wise / I'm still a child's grown-up disguise / and I never can tell you what you want to know / You will find out as you go." (from: "A Nightengale's Lullaby" - Julie Last)
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
SybilMarie