View Single Post
Anonymous40643

Default Apr 13, 2019 at 11:33 AM

I'm a little pissed off about something, but I have to let it go, in understanding that this is the kind of crap that happens at work. But really, here we go again?? Seriously?

We have company meetings periodically whereby kudos are given to those who have worked hard and/or achieved something big. Awards or gift cards are given to those who are nominated for achievement recognition.

Well, I had achieved something pretty major. My boss told me he would mention it in the next company meeting. We had a talk about it the day before, and I mentioned again the specifics around those achievements.

Well, when it came to my boss's turn to speak about our team and to give a shout out to specific members, he mentioned me and one of my smaller achievements, but he didn't even mention the biggest and most important of all. I got a client's website to rank on page 1 of Google for a very high volume search term (74,000 searches/month) that they had lost ranking for a year ago, contributing to a major loss of web traffic and subsequently revenue for the last year. Well, my boss didn't even mention this part!!!!! And I had even reminded him of it the day before!

Now, my colleague who was just promoted had been on this same client account before me, and he did not resolve that ranking loss himself. Nor did he bring in more revenue and traffic for this client, like I have achieved. So I am thinking that this was purely political on my boss's part, to avoid any conflict. Not only that but potentially it shows favoritism and is unprofessional, which concerns me a little.

So I am upset that the acknowledgement was seriously watered down. That was a big deal, to regain that one ranking, which now has brought traffic and revenue near to its level from last year. The website has struggled for an entire year with massive revenue and traffic losses, and I am helping to resolve that now. This colleague is also friends with my boss & drove him to the airport the other day.

I guess what upsets me the most is that this is a pattern in my life whereby bosses don't want to acknowledge, celebrate and nurture my talents and successes. In fact, many bosses have tried to squash my success. It really angers me. And I feel my current boss is doing something similar.

I may approach him next week to casually ask him why he did not mention this ranking gain. I won't be confrontational at all, but I want to ask him and let him know that it did not slip my attention.

Luckily, I had thought to inform the company CEO myself of this achievement prior to this meeting. If my boss won't celebrate or acknowledge it, then I will have to toot my own horn. A hard lesson I've had to learn in the work environment.

Thanks for listening. I really needed to vent!!!
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote