View Single Post
Anonymous40643

Default Apr 13, 2019 at 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily Fox Seaton View Post
But isn't it obvious? They don't want you to be successful. They don't want you to show them up. They don't see you as an equal human being to them. They see your successes as being dependent on them. As if they are better human beings than you are.. a higher level entitled to always be in charge and YOU always be an employee.

It isn't about merit.

One of my bosses is 50% less credentialed than I am. He doesn't hold the degrees that I do. What he does hold... is an absolute belief that he as a human is better qualified than me to be in charge, no matter that the merit goes to me.

Knowing this you have a choice... realize that merit means nothing and be happy just doing the basics of the job or start looking into starting a business of your own.

Thank you, Emily! I appreciate your reply and for reading my long post!

My current boss most certainly is better qualified than me to be the boss. That's what I don't get?

I don't want his job, but I do think he's threatened by me and worries that I could eventually take his job? That my CEO may see that I could potentially lead the group?

This is not the first time my boss has neglected to tell the higher ups of my successes.

I brought several to his attention previously, and he didn't tell the CEO or his own boss above him. I had to tell both of them myself. And thank God I did.

I am really starting to worry about the relationship I have with my boss, the underlying tension and about what's really going on underneath all the niceties and professional facade.

I feel or worry he has ulterior motives to undermine me.

My boss has done some underhanded things already to me. So I am not coming out of nowhere with that.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote