View Single Post
Anonymous40643

Default Apr 13, 2019 at 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seesaw View Post
Ug, I hate egotistical bosses. I does sort of sound like that's what you're dealing with. I also wonder if, since you did something he was unable to do, and he is male and you are female, well, I've experienced that with male bosses in the past. It seemed like they were threatened by my outperforming them (except that's why they hired me). I've found female bosses to be much more team-oriented.

I think if I were in your shoes, I might find a way to drop that achievement into conversation when I'm just casually passing time with the CEO. So not like formally announcing it, but just like, when you're both at the coffee pot or break room, say "hey, did you hear I finally got that website to rank #1 again? I'm so proud and excited!"

If you bring it up to your direct boss again, he seems to be a sensitive type to me, from what I've heard, kinda of like fragile ego type, so I might say rather than mentioning you noticed he didn't mention it (not sure if you meant to phrase it that way that it did not slip your notice) I would just reiterate again how you'd really like to share with the whole team this great achievement. One tactic too could make it seem like a team achievement, since he is your boss. So like, even though I kind of hate this, if you make it like a "we accomplished this on our team" you could possibly even be the one to give the news to the team.

Office politics are just so insane sometimes. Even as a consultant I have to deal with it, just not in the same way. So many egos to stroke, when we all want the same thing, right?
Thanks Seesaw! I greatly appreciate your support.

Interestingly enough, my boss hired two new team members, both males and both are technical experts. I am now the only non-technical expert in our group, on top of being the only female in our group. I swear, but I feel like my boss is trying to push me out the door, ever since I talked to HR about our monthly reports (which in the end turned out positively).

He does have a fragile ego it seems, as well.

I will definitely think about your suggestions. I have brought my achievement already to the CEO’s attn, after our last company meeting. CYA tactic.

And yes, office politics suck!!! Argh!! If you don’t mind, can I possibly PM you about how you successfully launched your consulting business? I may start down that road again, but not sure.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote