View Single Post
Anonymous48672

Default Apr 13, 2019 at 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily Fox Seaton View Post
You did the right thing. Honestly I have come to accept that I probably am NOT going to have a lot of friendships in the future. People are moving away from the people who I need in my life.
Thanks for your response Emily. It's nice to get feedback here, as sometimes I'll create a thread and no one responds.

Thank you for confirming my gut, that I was right to just delete her from my Facebook. I thought about her behavior today, and decided I just want to have people in my life -- even online -- who like me. She clearly doesn't like me. I mean, who tells someone they've just me "I think you're fake." And then agrees to meet you for dinner but cancels on you twice, telling you each time they had better last minute plans come up? How is that respectful behavior? Only a very snarky, superficial person does that to someone else. I just don't get it. I don't treat people that way and I'm not an ogre. It really hurt my feelings. Her reaction today online was so snide and blase, it just makes me so angry! Like, she thinks she's better than me?!

Sorry to hear your support system of friends are moving away. I hope you'll find new friends too. I don't even have that anymore as they both live in another country (my closest friends).
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote