View Single Post
Anonymous48672

Default Apr 13, 2019 at 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gymgirl71 View Post
Yes the ptsd is hard to deal with. Because his last relationship didn’t work and he gave up everything do now he’s super cautious with me, which I don’t deserve. I am nothing like his ex, so that isn’t fair. I’m not perfect, I know I can be kind of overbearing at times, but it’s due to my frustration which he doesn’t seem to get or understand.
Well I can empathize with your reaction to his pulling away, because he's totally being a selfish douche, projecting his ex-g/f's behavior and personality on to you, as though you're going to treat him the way she did (you're not, of course).

He sounds so immature. No one is perfect. But no one should have to compete with an ex, in their current relationship. If that starts happening, I take that as a red flag that the guy I'm with isn't emotionally available and then I have a choice: I can dump him, or I can stay and allow myself to be completely taken advantage of and emotionally abused. I've been where you're at. It's not a pleasant place to be.

Now that I want to put myself first, I won't give any guy a chance if he shows me he's going to be a douche-bag.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote