View Single Post
starryprince

Member Since Mar 2015
288 hugs
given
Default Apr 13, 2019 at 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amyjay View Post
Hmm, no "good" advice from me sorry. I have never been and I never will. I know there can be consequences to that. So be it.
Don't be like me.
Thank you for responding. I get that. It's very scary. I want to go but it is very scary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
I was traumatized by an OBGYN. Not sexually and its involved so I wont get into details. It kept me from going to see one for about 5 years. I finally found one through the help of my mom believe it or not. She is an ICU/recovery room nurse and had one in mind and sort of talked to him ahead of time in order to get him to understand where I was coming from. I made an appointment and he met with me in his office for like a half hour before we even did any exam. He talked me through everything he was going to do and talked out loud as each thing was coming up. He made sure to have a female chaperone with us too. Once I got through that exam it was easier going to him the next time. I have a lot of health issues and I was overdue for a lot of tests.
I'm glad you were able to get through your fear and that you got a great doctor! I'm afraid of a lot of things, mainly the pain and the feeling of vulnerability. It just feels so invasive and I'm worried of getting a horrible doctor. The doctors I've been getting at my medical center have been horrible as of late. I would definitely prefer a female doctor. I'm going to call and make an appointment. That way, I can prepare. Maybe I can even ask a friend to accompany me (not in the actual examination room but just to the center, you know?) or maybe talk to a friend beforehand. Thank you for responding!
starryprince is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote