View Single Post
saidso
Veteran Member

Member Since Oct 2018
165 hugs
given
Default Apr 14, 2019 at 03:01 PM

I'm sorry that I'm not living in the US and may not understand correctly. I did have a friend who lived in Georgia and know that for her it was a tough place to survive PTSD. I got the impression that services there were few and far between, so that she often found herself on the edge of homelessness.

Can you not apply for disability? Yes, that can take time but once it kicks in you should be secure about medical care and housing?

Is there a debt advice place that can help you to negotiate bills until you get disability? When I was laid off unexpectedly a debt advice place told me to contact utilities about my situation and they wrote their bills off short-term for a couple of months until the job that I was promised came through. I was shocked to find them behaving in such a reasonable manner, but the debt advice place told me that they have contingency funds for genuine cases!!!! Home loan and local tax was a massive battle, however.

It's important to keep reaching out - and that first step was crazy-making for me because I couldn't trust that anyone would be supportive.

oh god I am struggling today, help me to remember how to stay connected and human!

remember: the nut shell against human predators and my own fear!
saidso is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky