Grand Magnate

Member Since Mar 2019
4,300 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 14, 2019 at 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildflowerchild25 View Post
I, of course, am vowing to “start again” tomorrow. I already ate half my calories today with breakfast. Lots of sugar too (French toast and syrup). I use the lose it app. It sets my calories at around 1600. That’s manageable if I don’t eat too high calorie during the day, knowing I’ll be hungry and snacky at night. It’s especially hard right now that I am out of work because I am so bored I want to go out to eat just to get the hell out of my house. This upcoming week I will have my son with me because he is on spring break. So that might convince me to eat in the house more often. I also have the meal kit so I can make dinner. The meals are kind of healthy depending on what you pick.

I want to lose ten pounds initially. That will put me back at the weight I was before my back surgery. Then I want to lose ten more pounds. That will put me at an even 200. I have no hope of going lower than 200. I’ve only been able to do that through extreme dieting that I’ve done when manic.

I am slowly gaining strength back in my legs. Right now I got up to walking a quarter of a mile. I am hoping to go farther than that tomorrow. I’m not sure if I can go to the gym yet. I do the recumbent bicycle for half an hour usually but I’m not sure my legs are strong enough for that.

I hope this doesn’t get moved. We had a diet thread awhile back but it got moved and I for one didn’t ever go to the other forum to find it.
I hope it sticks around too. Our physical health goes hand in hand with the mental aspect and weight issues seem to be a symptom for many with bipolar disorder or similar disorders on the spectrum.

Enjoy spring break. I also hope you continue to recover. That will make getting active easier.
fern46 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous46341, MickeyCheeky, Wild Coyote

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky