View Single Post
Seqoya

Member Since May 2015
23 hugs
given
Default Apr 14, 2019 at 10:14 PM

I have Schizoaffective Disorder and PTSD with Dissociative Features and the Seroquel wasn't helping me other than with sleep, it actually made my mind foggier plus it made me gain more weight.

So my current Psychiatrist switched to me to Rexulti which has helped me a lot it's a newer medication. I'm also on the shot for Abilify once per month which by itself wasn't helping enough. Since the pills used to help the Psychiatrist switched me to the shot before giving up on it entirely since the pills weren't working as well since the shot can work better.

No one else including other Psychiatrists had told me about the shot or the Rexulti although the Rexulti was pretty new while I was still seeing other Psychiatrists based on what this one has told me. But the shot for Abilify had been around longer than the Rexulti. A Nurse gives it to me monthly and the Psychiatrist said depending on how well the Rexulti works I might be able to go off the shot eventually but I'm nervous about that.

I'm also on Lithium as a mood stabilizer and Lexapro as an anti-depressant, as well as Trazodone for sleep and a high blood pressure med that they use sometimes for nightmares. But the Rexulti is the same type of medication as Seroquel and Abilify.

So anyway maybe you could ask your prescriber about Rexulti. I don't know whether or not it would work for you and I'm not a medical professional. Even with the professionals helping, it can be trial and error sometimes.

I hope this message helps and that you find something that works well for you.
Seqoya is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote