Magnate

Member Since Jan 2016
272 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 15, 2019 at 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nottrustin View Post
Trust is a process. Especially with T's I have come to realize that I trust in steps. It isnt that I all of a sudden wake up one day and completely trust them. In my first appointment with Emdr T I could tell she was wrong and compassionate. I trusted that she would do her best and wanted to help me and would be gentle. I was able to open up. A few months in we started going deeper into my abuse story and she asked some questions. I stopped and told her we needed to back up and work on my studying her more. Ebizh she was great about and we spent the next few appointmentssoing just that. There have been times where we have had to slow down and I have had to work on the next level of trust. A huge part of the trust for me us knowing that I can tell her when I need to slow down and and build more of the foundation. It is important for me to know that she doeant take it personally nor get defensive. We have been working together for 21 months. Until working with her I though you either trusted somebody completely or you don't.
That was an excellent explanation of trust. Your T sounds great and very empathetic and caring.
hopealwayz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote