View Single Post
Anonymous40643

Default Apr 15, 2019 at 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rechu View Post
I completely understand you Golden Eve. Several of us in my department are feeling totally unappreciated and unrecognized for our work. Our boss only likes the people that suck up to her. With me, she has become hypercritical over issues when the problem is really her not undestanding things. It is so demoralizing. I honestly don't respect her and think she's a terrible manager.

She has some sort of health problem that has her going out on long medical leaves at times. It sort of follows this pattern of her becoming more and more dense and difficult to deal with, then she takes some time off for doctor appts and then leave is announced. I wonder if her issue is neurological. My husband had a boss that showed similar behavior and she had been diagnosed with a neurological problem. I am really hoping we will be hearing that she is going on leave soon. I can't take much more. Like you, I sort of would like to freelance again. But my husband and I just bought a house, so we need this income for now.

Hi Rechu, I'm so sorry to hear this. That IS demoralizing. It impacts employee morale greatly, dealing with a boss you don't respect. I've been there too many times in my life, so I can fully relate and empathize! ARGH.

I despise suck ups and don't do well with that myself. I am not a suck up, nor am I a fake. When sucks ups receive favoritism, it's just not right. What about those who work hard and earn their way?

I hope your boss goes on leave, for your sake. It sounds like she needs to, if she's out of work so frequently.

I wish I had better words of comfort for you, or even some good advice. It just sucks when you have a crappy boss. (((((((((hugs))))))))
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote