Thread: Feel terrible
View Single Post
Anonymous44076

Default Apr 15, 2019 at 12:11 PM

So sorry that your relationship did not work out and that you are feeling terrible GymGirl. Give yourself time to grieve the loss of the relationship. Be patient and kind to yourself. To me, it sounds like your ex-boyfriend may be struggling with depression. That is for him to deal with himself as an adult. It is also not a reflection of you or your worth.

I think an antidote to feeling terrible about losing a partner can be strengthening and honoring the Self. Certainly you need some time to wrap your head around this change. I recommend starting to find ways to make yourself feel good. Hobbies, meditation, music, keeping your home in order or re-arranging it for a new look, time with friends, work or volunteering, a massage, a nice lotion or soft blanket. Helping others is a wonderful way to feel better about ourselves. Exercise (even light walks if you don't feel up to much activity) and being in nature....along with good nutrition and hydration can also do wonders.

If you feel like you are drowning in feeling terrible, I recommend consulting with a kind and experienced therapist. There are folks out there who know how to professionally guide you toward a happier path.

It sounds like you were unhappy with your boyfriend for quite some time so, although the loss is understandably painful, I think this could be a healthy step toward a bright future for you. I wish you peace and hope.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky