Grand Poohbah

Member Since Sep 2013
2,626 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 15, 2019 at 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
I believe it happens even when the abuser enablers do not have direct knowledge of the abuse or have unconfirmed suspicions about abuse or denial about it. I adore my mom, and she is wonderful and I know she always has my back but...she missed important issues, or denied them or had suspicions that she did not pursue so its hard for me to reconcile sometimes.

Hi Sarahsweets,

I am sorry that you experienced this.

Has your Mom ever met your needs in regards to validation and protection from your abusers? Even if only once? If so, did she flip-flop, or was she always protecting your abusers?

I agree that sometimes abuse enablers are unaware of the abuse and simply act on ignorance. However, sometimes they do know. I don't know if one is worse than the other because they both hurt so much! But either way they are in the wrong.

Did you ever protest your maltreatment? If so, what happened? Did it get worse? Were you invalidated and blamed for showing anger and emotions that seemed disproportionate to the situation at hand (considering your mother didn't see the abuse).

Thanks,
HD7970ghz

"don't put all your eggs - in one basket"
"promote pleasure - prevent pain"
"with change - comes loss"
HD7970GHZ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote