Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
1,040 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 17, 2019 at 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden_eve View Post
Hi Rechu, I'm so sorry to hear this. That IS demoralizing. It impacts employee morale greatly, dealing with a boss you don't respect. I've been there too many times in my life, so I can fully relate and empathize! ARGH.

I despise suck ups and don't do well with that myself. I am not a suck up, nor am I a fake. When sucks ups receive favoritism, it's just not right. What about those who work hard and earn their way?

I hope your boss goes on leave, for your sake. It sounds like she needs to, if she's out of work so frequently.

I wish I had better words of comfort for you, or even some good advice. It just sucks when you have a crappy boss. (((((((((hugs))))))))

Thanks Eve. I really hope she takes leave. She is more unbearable every day.
Usually she doesn’t do much editing, but yesterday she decided to edit everything I sent to editing and nitpick constantly. More than half the time I actually was right. I add notes to explain anything I worry may not be understood by an editor or someone else that works on the project later, as per her instructions. But, she wasn’t reading the notes. She was asking about things that were explained in the notes I had added. Lovely, she always tells others to add/read notes but doesn’t bother with it herself and I end up having to waste time re-explaining stuff. I did in the end copy/paste the notes and send them to her, sort of saying, if you had looked, you wouldn’t need to ask me. She just wanted to jump all over anything I did.
She also did things like add text to what I have written that you are not supposed to. For example, we have a field for the description of a project. That is only supposed to include things that don’t have their own designated field. She added the location to the description. There is a designated field for that. Had I done that, you know I would hear about it.
I really think she wants me to quit. She’s done this to others. Sours on them and either fires them or becomes overly critical so they quit. I have been there a while, so they will owe me a decent severance package. If she says she wants to fire me, upper management will not be happy about having to pay. If she wants me gone, they can pay me. I don’t have anything lined up right now, and I need the job. So for the time being I will stick it out. At least we have this space to vent.
rechu is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
seesaw

Thanks for this!
seesaw