View Single Post
comrademoomoo
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Feb 2019
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 18, 2019 at 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonesomeTonight View Post
I guess it's just his unclear policy is difficult for me. If he had a strict "Nope, no phone calls unless scheduled" (that's more for clients who go off to college) policy, then it would be like, "OK, fine." But his is more like, "Well, maybe, depending on the circumstances." I guess I sort of want him to just say, "If you're feeling that bad, it's fine to request a call, just know it will be charged, can't be longer than 5 minutes, and I can't guarantee I will be available." That's the sort of thing I'd want. Ideally, I'd never even use it. It just helps to know the option is there if I need it. That in itself is comforting to me. Hm, maybe that's what I need to tell him. That the vast, vast majority of the time, just knowing the option is there if I need it is enough. (Like with ex-MC, I called him in the middle of the night exactly once in 4 years.)
You can set that policy for yourself. If it helps you to know that phone calls are not an option, you can decide that phone calls to him are not on your list of options. You do not have to rely on him to set your boundaries, nor do you have to meet him at his boundary.
comrademoomoo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
belindablumenthal, LonesomeTonight