Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
75.2k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 18, 2019 at 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowangel17 View Post
From reading online it doesn't seem that you think about therapy and the therapeutic relationship more than others. It seems quite common especially with certain types of clients. So either he is not getting many of these types of clients (which is unusual) or the clients he has and feel this way don't feel comfortable enough sharing the same levels of thoughts about him that you have. You are very open and honest in your work with him. Not everyone is or for some, it can take a long time to reach that point. I understand that him giving you a different perspective is helpful. You seem to have a good sense of self-awareness. Perhaps you are also helping him to realise that not all people react to him the way he thinks they will. There are others out there not all like his 'other' clients and it is good for him to see other perspectives too

Thanks. I do think, if you're reading on here, people on PC think about their T's more than say the average therapy client. (And I've read that the typical client is only in therapy for 6 sessions, or something crazy like that.) I've also said to him that maybe other clients do feel this way, but just aren't telling him about it--either they don't feel comfortable or maybe don't fully understand what they're feeling. It took me a long time before actually sharing even with ex-T what I was feeling about ex-MC. And that was after coming on here and reading other stuff online about it. If I hadn't realized other therapy clients were experiencing it (transference, attachment), too, I'd likely have been too afraid to bring it up.
LonesomeTonight is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote