View Single Post
Mancuk

Member Since Apr 2019
Default Apr 19, 2019 at 03:26 AM

Just did a search on Google for banging my own head. Did this a couple of nights ago for the first time in years and still incredibly sore. What a lot of people are saying on this thread really resonated with what I'm going through from punching thighs, pinching and banging my head. I scream at the tip of my lungs when doing a lot of motorway driving too which helps me.

At present I am undergoing a serious amount of stress along with young kids and not the easiest of husbands who can be very critical when he's stressed.

It all stems from childhood of having a disconnected mother who has never accepted the role she played in causing her children's mental health problems and a father that was frankly awful at me throughout my childhood (which to his credit has admitted that he was horrible back then and regrets it).

I had counselling at 14 for 3 years to which I was diagnosed with depression. I have been on antidepressants through difficult phases of my life (have only come off medication which been on for the last 3 years, 3 months ago). I don't regret it and trying to cope through SH again as feel antidepressants alter my personality and perceptions of stuff around me making me more inclined to accept rather than challenge people or situations.

I've not been diagnosed with much else as very distrusting of health providers and the labels they put on people (i have a very good friend whose been labelled as such and feel that has made her feel worse which I think it would make me feel worse). Don't feel it's fair when they put the word disorder in these labels as it's out of a person's control having a bad childhood that doesn't enable the right development steps. I feel society is quite apathetic when it comes to such things, rather medicate than treat. I have drawn these conclusions from school who let me down, even ostracized due to my race and neighbours that heard abuse taking place and would ostracize (primarily due to race).
Mancuk is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote