View Single Post
Anonymous48672

Default Apr 19, 2019 at 06:08 PM

Yes, I believe you are mollycoddling and pestering your boyfriend.

eclair, why are you spending time with this man who has been verbally abusive to you? I see no reason to spend time with someone who doesn't like me. If he was tired from no sleep the night before then his responses wouldn't be rational to begin with.

Last night I didn't get any sleep and today I was really snappy at my temp job with everyone, and had a hard time keeping my eyes open and focusing on my tasks.

To expect your abusive boyfriend to appreciate your concern for his well-being, seems somewhat codependent behavior to me, and a little bit demanding and insecure. Im sorry, but it's the way I perceive your situation and I like you a lot. If he doesn't act the way you expect him to, you overreact, which is a sign you are trying to control him. Are you? Trying to control him?

I thought you were through with him? Why would you care what he thinks of you, if you don't want to be with him anymore? If you don't want to break up with him, then don't.

Please understand that when someone loses a night of sleep, they aren't going to have the best manners with anyone the very next day, no matter who they interact with. My advice to you is to decide what you want from him and follow through on that. Do you want to stay with him? Or do you want to break up with him?

If you stay with him, you need to accept that he will continue to verbally abuse you the way you've posted about him doing, with periods where he stops if you call him out on it. But it will continue, b/c that is the pattern of your relationship.

If you break up with him, you will go through relationship withdraw which is totally normal. It's a process of learning to let go and not create excuses to keep the person in your life, who is toxic to your well-being. The process isn't an easy one to go through, but it's a necessary one.

Going no contact full-on, is the only way you can release your codependent pattern with your boyfriend who verbally abuses you. If he was respectful to you, you wouldn't have so much anxiety over your actions and choices when you spend time with him. But he's not respectful of you, which is why you react this way.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
eclairparty98

Thanks for this!
eclairparty98