View Single Post
feileacan
Poohbah

Member Since Sep 2016
112 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 20, 2019 at 12:05 AM

Did she really ask why did you come to the session (i.e. implying that you really shouldn't come) or was it rather so that she was actually trying to point out something? Also, you wrote that you were silent because of depression but the rest of your post expresses quite an anger, so I'm wondering whether maybe the silence was also angry and oppositional?

I full well understand the difficulty of not understanding whether she is a right person for you. Do you have any part whom you can trust a bit to have a sort of objective understanding of the whole situation? Maybe you could ask that part whether in general the T seems trustful and good enough, even though for you right now it seems that she does everything wrong.

I remember the time a while ago (was it year or two?) when I was happy for the 6 week break my T is taking every summer because I had become increasingly afraid to go to my sessions. I did not feel safe in my sessions because I had no idea what could happen. Almost anything (in bad sense) felt possible. I honestly felt like truly smashing all the furniture and kicking my T into the b...s and I felt there was no way I could ensure that it doesn't really happen. I simply hated him so much, I felt he was impotent to help me and him sitting with me through all this rage and suffering felt insulting and humiliating. It was an extremely difficult period but at the same time a part of me in the background always knew that what is happening is not the whole truth and in reality my T and his consistence and his willingness to stuck with me makes him perfectly suitable for me to work with him.

I don't really have any advice. Let me just say that I think I understand pretty well what you are going through and I know that it's damn hard.
feileacan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
susannahsays