FriendlyJoe

Member Since Nov 2018
1 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 20, 2019 at 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikes View Post
Does this work the other way around, as in can you diagnose someone based on their reaction to medications? Mood stabilizers have never really done anything for me and antipsychotics have, does that mean my new diagnosis is right and I have schizophrenia and not bipolar like I've been diagnosed with for the past 6 years?
That's honestly hard to diagnosed because of meds. I'm BP1 and the meds basically just keeps me from having anxiety LOL, buspar. I'm also on mood stabilizers and they might as well be a placebo. Bipolar are also treated with antipsychotics medications. For some it helps with the symptoms of a manic episode, where you start hallucinating, severe paranoia, delusions when in a full blown episode. My mood stabilizer I guess helps but i think it more me forcing myself to keep it together. In my mind it's a constant battle when I'm annoyed or irritated.

It's close to bipolar but have differences such as schizophrenia has disorganized thinking where as being bipolar I want to do everything and want and demand order. I don't hallucinate only after I've gone without sleep but that's normal because after not sleeping you go into psychosis and see ****. Also another difference is bipolar can show in children like myself. I don't know what it is to feel any different. I'm just the same person I've been all my life. Schizophrenia usually shows up from late teens to 30 years old.

This might sound odd to you but I feel like a God sometimes because I feel like I own it. Like I'm the boss of everything. BP2 I think has a lesser feeling of this plus more depression and has been misdiagnosed a lot when it's just a depression disorder.

Back to the disorganized thinking of schizophrenic behavior, if this occurs they need to be taken care of since they're not able to. Even in my full blow episodes I'm still very intelligent which is dangerous because I can go buy a car or drive 185mph and feel in total control.

Hope I was able to give you insight. If I was you I'd switch pdocs because that's 2 different diagnosis, we arent talking BP1 and change it to BP2 or BP2 to depression disorder.
FriendlyJoe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote