Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,640 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 21, 2019 at 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusax View Post
My attitude about online dating is, if you have to use it, there is something wrong with you.
I disagree. Many people are busy in their lives with work and activities and may not know how best to meet people. Or perhaps they don’t have a large network or group of friends to meet people through. It’s hard to meet people if you work full time. What options are there? Sure you can join interest groups and singles social groups but not everyone feels comfortable doing that. My sister met her now fiancé on an online dating site. She did online dating because she’s very busy with three kids. Divine met hers through eharmony. To say something is wrong with someone because they have to rely on online dating is erroneous and to me, comes across as insulting. That’s not fair to say. I’ve met plenty of nice men through online dating. Nothing is wrong with the person, it’s just sometimes easier than trying to meet someone in your daily life and yes it widens the net immensely. Although you’re right. Online dating is also a risk and one must be careful especially with the free sites. I agree that paid sites are probably better.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
divine1966, LadyShadow, MickeyCheeky, Open Eyes