Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2014
1,279 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 21, 2019 at 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetcarBlanche View Post
Well, I invested money in online dating and it did nothing good for me. So, to each her/his own. I'd rather save my money for travel or taking a class than ever throw it away to an online dating website again. I can't argue against the fact that it does work for some people. My cousin met his 2nd wife through eHarmony and they've been married for six years and have a child together. So, you and Hope are right, divine1966, that online dating or real life is a crap shoot. I just prefer in-person crap shoots to online dating crap shoots; much cheaper that way. ;D
I understand your point of view.

I just don’t think it’s “either or”. It’s not like if you do online dating, you choose that over traveling or taking classes or enjoying other things. You can do both. I’ve been to 19 countries and 21 states-several states and countries way more than once. I have graduate degree and two different undergrads and state license. Plus I fairly regularly take classes that pertain to a hobby of mine. So I never put my life on hold and didn’t deny myself pleasures of life because I was on a dating site. It’s not like going on dating site means everything in life has to stop and put on hold. Life goes on.

I also certainly don’t consider it money thrown away either as it got me to meet my awesome husband.

Oh I also have to add that people often use online dating or other type of matchmaking because they are looking for a very specific criteria in a life long partner. It’s easier to set up that criteria online. My daughter recently met this nice guy online, she is looking for specific religious persuasion so looking online was the way to go (no single men of her age bracket in religious institution she attends). It was the same for the guy.
divine1966 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky