Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
75k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 22, 2019 at 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletPimpernel View Post
I'm really afraid L is going to abandon me. I forgot until tonight that she mentioned that we should look for other supports. I'm so mad at myself that I trusted her. I know the financial problems are mine and not her, but looking back, it didn't seem like she was willing to come to any compromises unless I see her minimum every other week. I get it...if I only see her once a month, she'll have a hard time saving my time slot. She is running a business and needs to fill her time. And if she is willing to do a tab, she isn't willing to do it for long. I just feel so depressed. I apologize I didn't process this sooner. I guess all the stress has distracted me. I hate life right now. There just so much going on! And I'm truly afraid I'm going to lose L.

Can you ask her about these fears? Her saying you should look for other supports doesn't mean she's planning to abandon you. My T has also said I need to find other supports--I think it's a common thing for T's to do. They want us to have the ability to manage on our own or at least when they're not available. I understand your fears because I had a similar reaction when T was talking about finding other forms of support and methods of coping. He does consider PC to be one of those supports (and thinks of it as a support group), so I think this is one of them for you as well.

But I think you should talk about your fears with L. Is it possible to see her this week? I know you said your H made you cancel your appointment, but it sounds like you could really use the help right now, if it's possible for her to let you carry a balance. If you've sold your house (hope that offer goes through!), then you'll have more money in the future. Or could you do a half session?

Hugs from:
SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
chihirochild, ScarletPimpernel