View Single Post
Gymgirl71

Member Since Jan 2015
6 hugs
given
Default Apr 22, 2019 at 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Have Hope View Post
GREAT article!!! Yes gymgirl, I believe you are addicted and hooked into this toxic relationship. You have neglected and forgotten yourself in the process. It’s time to focus on recovery, healing and rebuilding your own identity and self, rather than obsessing over details like what happened the other night. You’ve gotten tons of great support, advice and feedback on here from many members. You’re not to blame for his crappy treatment of you. Perhaps re-read some of the advice given by those who have been there and done that with regards to toxic relationships. It’s time to extricate yourself from the addiction. Where you went wrong is that you allowed this person to mistreat you, repeatedly. Now you need to focus on rebuilding your self esteem and on changing your own unhealthy behaviors within a relationship that allowed you to be disrespected. But please don’t blame yourself for his poor treatment of you. That’s all on him.

Last thing. Do you work? Do have friends, interests and hobbies? My suggestion is to also concentrate on building your own life again and on throwing yourself into your own life. That’s how you find yourself again. HUGS.
I work full time, go to the gym, and I have a teen.
Gymgirl71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Have Hope