View Single Post
Anonymous40643

Default Apr 22, 2019 at 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyjobe View Post
Bosses for the most-part don't want competent employees; a person who is capable and has initiative comes at the price of you not having total control over everything all the time. They'll get the job done and done properly but will also tell you to "go to hell" if you challenge them over petty issues. An incompetent dullard with no self confidence will run to you for permission for EVERYTHING; they will resent their colleagues who exercise their initiative and rat them out to the boss immediately as they act as your eyes and ears too. They, of course, come at the price that they are a constant irritation, but you can verbally abuse them for this, which control-freak bosses find very satisfying, this will keep them coming back for more because occasionally you can pay them on the head and say "well done" as part of your good cop/bad cop head game.

Back to your issue, he ignores your achievements on purpose and takes credit for them, you sound like you're pretty awesome at what you do, do you need a pat on the head from this guy? Anyone patting you on the head is keeping you down; you should start freelancing and build up an income on the side, this will allow you when the time comes to say "go to hell! I don't have to take this from you"

I believe you are RIGHT about bosses. I've seen it again and again!!! They DON'T want competence! NOT REALLY!!!

And thanks so much. I always doubt myself at work, but I always pull it off and succeed. I am thinking of starting my own consulting again, but then again, I don't know if I'm really up for that.

I do think he wanted to take credit for my work. I pushed my way into this client meeting though, so that's good at least. I can claim the work and achievement to my client directly, without anyone speaking for me. YAY! lol.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
eskielover