Poohbah

Member Since Dec 2015
136 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 23, 2019 at 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by healingme4me View Post
@luvyrself the more that I'm learning the more sui ideation seems to be pairing up with part of what needs to be considered in finding solutions to these events. The complication with that, however, as members of places like PC know, is that not every individual that has ever considered that as an alternative solution to their life is capable or even interested in murderous rampage.
Does someone like Eskie, who has openly discussed her past deserve to be stripped of her right to guard her lone self and her pets whilst out on her property or in nearby hills and mountains? Which, I mean, how do we use the MH system as a means of prevention?
These weapons are typically procured at gun shows but how do we regulate the difference between innocent usage and ill intent? Machine guns are illegal and I could point out hundreds of innocent hunting usages to the AR which is mearly but a company logo and not an accronymn that has been planted through barrages of being drilled into minds through media, such as sport and hunting and it simplifies the process. Bump stocks are illegal. Modifying anything legal is illegal.

And I'm with you....how do we make the bleeding stop? How do we get individuals to stop being heinous?
—- as I wrote my post I started to wonder if it is even wise to discuss guns on a mental health website , but the thread did turn out to be diverse and thought provoking. I didn’t mean the op might hurt others , tho from what you say they are investigating that type of ideation. People can get guns whether they r legal or not. As
a former teacher I know that studies do strongly indicate that violent vIdeo games do promote violence (making people more used to violence) tho this infuriates gamers). I moved to Phoenix from LA where attitudes towards gun control are very different. Here they even have concealed carry permits. It has been a good learning experience for me to remember how American history comes into play on this subject. I myself feel safer without guns, and hope that everyone uses their best thinking in deciding whether or not they have the self control necessary to own them.

wellbutrin 75 mg, cut in half or higher dose as needed
Regular aerobic exercise
SKILLSET/KNOWLEDGE BASE:
Family Medical Advocate
Masters in Library Science
Multiple Subject Teaching Credential-15 yrs in public schools
luvyrself is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
eskielover, healingme4me, Stuck1nhead